Pages

Wednesday, November 7

Wreck-it Ralph

The problem with movies now a days is it's either based of a book, a remake, or something entirely different than what you thought or what it said it would be. Wreck-it Ralph was original and exactly what you thought it would be like without it being horrible. So basically, it pasted one of my secret test.

Second, it was a perfect family movie. That's another thing about movies: Its either for one kind of person. This had everything. The creativity, humor, drama-ish plot, mood and emotion. This movie nearly had me in tears.

The movie connects with everyone. I mean, everyone likes video games, right? Or, you've had that one game you just fell in love with, either for the graphics, backstory, characters, adventure or whatever. This movie had it all, just like the perfect video game.

The individual characters are what really won me over, all their problems and backgrounds, voices and designs. My favorite was Fix-it Felix, voiced by Jack McBrayer. He had such a goody-two-shoes feel, with his big red cheeks and simple designs. His dialogue was even better. He was so sweet and nervous. On the other hand, I also loved Calhoun, voiced by Jane Lynch, who was the army chick and his the big, huge gun and rough attitude. I especially loved her back story but you have to watch the movie to see that little tid-bit. It's funny what happens at the end with Felix and Calhoun but I also wouldn't give that away.

My rating: 8/10 For the originality and humor though the humor may not amuse everyone.

Jay

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks!