Pages

Saturday, June 23

Snow White and the Huntsman

Friday I went to see Snow White and the Huntsman (PG-13) with H. Directed by Rupert Sanders. 


The movie, overall, was action packed, full of death, and plenty of killing. This was my sort of movie! Sure it had some romance but not the kind of romance you would think a Snow White movie would have.

Before you go judging the actors in the movie, I have to say that the director picked just the right people for the job. Kristen Stewart, from the Twilight movie series, was actually a beautiful Snow White and sure did look good in some armor and a sword. She wasn't the person I expected to be Snow White, considering Snow White in animations had chubby cheeks and even teeth (Is it just me, or is her two front teeth seem a bit large?). But she did her job well.

I loved watching Chris Hemsworth play the huntsman because he just fit the part. Despite his earlier role as Thor, he looks better with a dagger than a hammer. At some parts, he nearly made me cry. He would talk on and on in that strong voice and his character was probably just drunk but it still was meaningful. I hope to see him in more fantasy movies like this.

Some people have never heard this name but Sam Claflin was a wonderful William, the man Snow White is betrothed to. He previously played Philip, the man who falls in love with the mermaid, in Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides. I never imagined the Prince as a sort of Robin Hood character with a bow and fire arrows. And Claflin is the Robin Hood type. I loved all his action scenes because they were so sweet and simple, just like his character.

The Queen, Charlize Theron, was seen in the movie Hancock as Mary. She was just beautiful and didn't look too pale for all the black that surrounded her in her black and deadly castle full of knights and half-dead people (and I'm not talking about zombies). Theron was a killer queen and sure did look good when she wanted to. I just loved the way she made me hate her than suddenly feel sorry for her even though she is the evil queen in this story. I especially loved it when she was talking to her mirror and now I actually wish I had one just like hers. 

The whole movie was just a work of art, like it should be. But it also better than I expected it to be. I loved the animations and little creatures. I fell in love with the dialogue between characters like the queen and her brother. It was an adventure just watching it.

It kept me on the edge of my seat and actually inspired me to be a little bit more willing to fight for what I believe in. Like the death of an evil queen that uses her beauty against people.

Rating: 9 1/2 out of 10

Recommended to people who like just an ounce of romance and a pack load of adventure/ action and fantasy.

Tell 'em Jay sent ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks!