Pages

Sunday, July 8

Cryer's Cross


I know I've been gone for a while and didn't write anything telling you guys I was leaving. SORRY! I left for the fourth of July and five more days. And the place I was staying at didn't have usable wi-fi. So, sorry guys. I really am.

Now I read this amazing book called Cryer's Cross by Lisa McMann. I read it in about two days time and its pretty short, maybe two hundred pages with big font I wasn't expecting.

The main character, Kendall lives in Cryer's Cross, Montana with her best friend Nico, who's practically her brother. Kendall's small town has only so many people and everyone knows everyone. Her parents and everyone else owns a farm, growing food and raising cattle. Its a pretty basic life. Except for the fact Kendall suffers from OCD, Obsessive compulsive disorder. But that doesn't bother her all that much. It just sort of takes over her life.

Then one day in the middle of the summer, a girl goes missing. Without a trace. Leaving the town to search for her until they've all searched every corner and know she's most likely dead. Months later, Kendall's best friend and boyfriend, Nico, disappears without a trace.

Kendall has to find out how to save him, and how she's going to save herself from whatever has taken her best friend.

"The smaller the town, the bigger the secrets."

My rating is 8 out of 10 only because it didn't scare me and because it was short. But it was still a fantastic book and one of it's purposes was a good one. It taught me about OCD people and their problems. I think if I meet a person with this disorder, I might understand their situation better.

Tell 'em Jay sent ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks!