Pages

Saturday, November 24

Getting Over Garret Delaney

When I saw this book on the floor of my friend's grandmother's minivan, I didn't think it was going to be much considering she said she hadn't even finished it and didn't seem to care when I asked if I could borrow it. And right now, as I type this review, it seems as if I always applaud books (well except for this one time) but this one was really, extremely cool.

For one, it was intriguing. I couldn't put it down. Another thing, I could totally relate to most situation. This book was hilarious and literally had me sitting in my room on my bed, rereading stuff out loud just to giggle to myself again. This book is fresh and funny, and really connects with the reader.
Okay, this book is mainly about a girl named Sadie and her plan to get over her extremely hot best friend that she is utterly in love with. I bet you're asking "Why in the world would she ever ever do that?" Simple. Her best friend, Garret, doesn't love her back.

Before she realizes she needs to really get over him and just be his friend, he goes to a writing camp and she is convinced that he'll come back, in love with her. But he tells her he's in love with this other girl who, I quote him exactly from the book, "You'd love her, too. You guys are so much alike. It's why I noticed her to begin with."

Can you believe that insensitive jerk face!?
Something I can imagine LuAnn
wearing... and me too. This is
cute! So on the Christmas List!

Anyways, I loved this book so much. Sadie was asking herself if she had always been a Garret Clone, a wannabe, one of those girls who changes herself just for a guy, and she found out that was exactly was she was. I started wondering if I ever acted like a clone for someone, maybe even Hay but I realized I've never really done that.

I love the characters, especially LuAnn, this vintage loving hipster fashion diva who helps Sadie with her "Getting over Garret" plan. I also adore Josh because he's so much like Sadie when she's really herself, and he's funny.

I love the way it's written, it could be read by anyone as long as they try to understand most of the book and don't get side tracked a lot even though you'll understand everything even if you miss a little bit. You'll just miss the little stuff that is humorous and just...meant to exist there, really.

My rating: 9.5 out of 10

Jay

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks!