Pages

Wednesday, July 17

Self Checkout

Wow, it has been a while since I've posted anything! Sorry, about that. I've been a busy person!

I wanted to tell a story as well as share my opinion on a topic.

I was at Walmart the other day and as my mother and I headed to checkout we noticed that every checkout line was completely full. We waited in line for a bit then we looked over at the cashier and noticed what a slow pace he took. Let me tell you, when I say slow --I mean SLOW. The guy was moving like he'd never used a muscle in his whole life! I'm a very patient person and I would've have waited but I'd woken up at four o'clock in the morning that day and had been up until the time we were actually at Walmart which was eight in the afternoon.

I didn't have time for this!

So, we decided to go to self checkout. I remember when they first put in self checkout to Walmart. I didn't have a problem with it.

I was actually pretty eager to use it because I wanted the experience and I thought it was cool because you didn't have to wait in endless lines just to checkout a bag of potato chips and a bottle of Gatorade.

You could simply do it yourself.

I've been analyzing these things for a while because I know business as much as any normal person. I figured they needed you to work for free because then they don't have to hire anyone or pay anyone.

In a perfect world that is flawless.

But let's face it. We are NOT in a perfect world.

I bet you're wondering where this is going but this is not nearly as entertaining as my toddler plunders and adventures in my other Walmart post.

This can almost be viewed as a rant.

Just because Walmart executives or whom ever controls this have made it so they can save money doesn't mean you get a free ticket to slack-off town!

If anything that should give them more of a reason to fire you!

I'm sorry if you didn't shove a vitamin in your breakfast burrito before you came to work but PICK UP THE PACE!

You think you're TIRED! I was up all day and can't even say I'm tired! These people work all week for  hours upon hours and you want to be slow?

Cut them some slack!

When we went to that self checkout I could almost HEAR Napoleon's army marching through the doors to snatch those slow employees from their stations to throw them out!

I don't appreciate people who get paid for nothing.

Even though the economy is slowly looking up--which is great-- things are still hard. And for some people they will ALWAYS be hard.

The last thing they need on their plate is standing in a twenty minute line just checking out some milk.

Until next time my friends,

Hay

P.S. On a funnier note I did, in fact, see the scraggly beard man, and yes, he did still smell like pee. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks!