Pages

Sunday, February 17

All Alone in Walmart

Hello you beautiful balloons! I would like to tell you a story. I know I didn't post on Valentines Day but I honestly don't care.

\_/ <- You see this?

That is my cup of cares. Notice that it is empty.

(Actually I was going to post about Forever Alone Day but I was too busy having fun!...Also because I was too lazy.)

Anyway I want to tell you about my first time as a child being left alone by myself in Walmart.

At the time I was six or seven and life was just beginning to show its' true, mean, and ugly face.
It was a time where everything I wore was pink and purple and my older sister and I actually shared clothes.

 That time was over.

My little toddler mind refused to accept the fact that the world was becoming a house of horrors.
So, there I was. Standing in Walmart ,even as a junior, reading books in the book section.
I didn't hear my mom say she would soon come and get me or that she just needed to go grab a jug of milk.
So I was standing there lost in a Junie B. Jones when a gruff voice interrupts my train of thought.

"Are you lost?"

Now the voice sounded very much like one a person would of someone who ate staples and swallows a big ole cup o nails to finish it off. Because we all know breakfast is the most important meal of the day.
The guy had raggedy clothes and a beard and he kind of smelled like pee.

So I was just standing there and looked around for my mom, because she was the one who answered the questions for me.

When I realized she wasn't around I did the thing any child who was lost would do.

I screamed like a fool.

Screaming was an understatement. More like howling like a banshee and siren crossed together.
And by that time I was thinking of all the horrible things that could happen: the strange man could yank me away from the two pigtails sticking from my head.

They were the kind of pigtails that were like helicopter blades, if they could spin fast enough I would've flown away!

Then I fell to the floor and cried. Right in front of the guy. He tried to help me up but I just kept flailing and falling on the floor.

Eventually he ran away from my strange demonic child screams and ran away before he thought I would open a portal or something.

I was all cried out and sniffles emitted from my little nose.
My mom came back and we checked out our groceries and to this day I see scraggly beard man whenever I go to Walmart.

-Hay

*Note
Small details in this story may have been exaggerated. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks!